We are pleased to announce the inaugural group of trainees for the Fogarty-IeDEA Mentorship Program (FIMP)!
- Dyna Khuon from Cambodia
- Johanna Beulah Tria Sornillo from the Philippines
- Central Africa
- Charles Ingabire from Rwanda
- Eric Perfura from Cameroon
- Yanink Caro-Vega from Mexico
- East Africa
- Allan Kendagor Kimaina from Kenya
- Dorean Nabukalu from Uganda
- Southern Africa
- Jabulani Ncayiyana from South Africa
- Tammy Phillips from South Africa
- West Africa
- Désire Lucien Dahourou from Burkina Faso
- Aminu Ababa Yusuf from Nigeria
In collaboration with the Fogarty International Center (FIC) of the US National Institutes of Health, six IeDEA regions working in low- and middle-income countries have created training opportunities for participants of FIC D43 HIV research and training programs, as well as for IeDEA regional investigators.
The FIMP is designed to help trainees develop skills in study design, data management, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of research involving large HIV clinical databases generated within IeDEA. As part of the FIMP, mentees will have access to IeDEA regional data for analyses that are conducted under the supervision of their respective IeDEA regions.